If you are one of the people who have to make a wedding speech, then having a guide map can be very useful. Although, it is an honour to give a wedding speech, it is not an easy event. A wedding speech will require careful preparation and flawless execution, in order to be deemed successful. Consider the following general tips;
- Start by preparing yourself fully. Remember that only careful preparation will save the day.
- Do research on what you are going to say in the wedding speech.
- Include appropriate comments about the bride and the groom in your speech. Make sure that you express your best wishes to them.
- Thanking the guests and people who helped in anyway is customary, so make sure that you don’t forget anybody.
- Rehearse your speech as much as possible.
- Add humorous comments to lighten the tone of your speech.
- Avoid talking about the groom’s/bride’s past experiences with other woman/men.
- Use a joyous tone of voice in your speech, don’t fidget with your hands and always make eye contact with your audience to establish rapport with them.
Great Speech provides a specialized service in coaching people to improve and enhance in public speaking and communications skills whatever the occasion. Our tailored approach to the needs of the people we work with, delivers on their specific speaking challenges, requirements and budget. Contact us for a confidential 1 : 1 session and let us help you say what you want to say (content) and say what you have to say (structure). Let us take the stress out of your day so you can look forward to pleasing your audience…